Hello Beautiful People!
Thank you so much to my fellow Georgia girl Angela at The Keen Peach for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award! I am so honored, as I am still a newbie blogger this is so exciting for me.
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
7 Things About Healthy Mom in a Busy World
1. English is my second (or so) language. 🙂 However, these days I speak English more than any other. Bosnian is my first language. I have learned German as well, however since I do not use it often it is fading. I can understand people fine but I have a hard time with response. I know a lot of Spanish words and if I really tried I believe I could learn it easily. I could also sit here and tell you that I am fluent in Croatian and Serbian but the languages are too similar so it will be cheating 🙂 To add to this I can understand people with really thick accents easy, everyone at work transfers those call to me 🙂
2. I have moved around a lot during my childhood due to the war in Bosnia in 1992 but I believe the experience has made me a better person and help me view the world differently. We settled in USA 17 years ago and I am a US citizen 🙂
(My coworkers decorated my workstation the day after I became a naturalized citizen)
3. I plan everything. I feel like my mind is constantly checking off things and I kind of hate that I can not just relax. I do not write many things down but I have the whole week planned ahead including our weekly meals and grocery list (that I do not write down).
4. I love traveling and learning about different cultures. People and their stories are so fascinating to me, I feel like everyone has a story. When I was little I always wanted to work for the UNICEF to be able to travel and learn about people and help kids in need.
5. Audrey Hepburn and Angelina Jolie are my idols not because of their Hollywood careers but because of their dedication to the world.
6. I cry easily and it got worse since I had my kids. I am such a softie. I somewhat dislike this about my self because I trust people easily and think they mean well with everything they do. Even though I am a softie if I am hurt or angered I can be quite feisty.
7. And my favorite….This may be cliché but my husband is truly my best friend. This year we will be married 10 years and I would be lying if I said we did not have ups and downs but I feel like we are in a really good place in our life. Our boys are my life! The love I have for them sometimes frightens me.
Blogs I would like to nominate…..
Sarah at Sarahrammfit1
Ethan at RaisingTheBar
Beth Anne and her ladies at 4Mothers1Blog
and last but not least this awesome Mum at UrbanMumble
Thank you for reading!